TE-Wideband 1.5 Prebuilt
| 1.5 Info
| 1.5 Built
| NTK L1H1
| 5301 display
This unit is no longer offered - refer to the WBo2 pages.
The Tech Edge version 1.5
wideband unit is the second of a growing range of wideband
oxygen sensor interfaces. As a pre-built unit it's supplied as shown,
and also available as a DIY Kit.
Download the version 1.5 User's Manual (700k PDF).
Image shows the (TE-WB 1.5) and to the left is Data Access cable (D/A cable)
which provides a convenient connection point for the three (optional) inputs
and the simulated narrowband output.
Not shown is the optional TE-5301 display,
the cable to the sensor and the L1H1 NTK UEGO sensor itself.
The TE-WB 1.1 is similar to 1.5 but without the
inbuilt RS232 capability to log AFR, RPM and two other analogue voltages.
ORDER the TE-WB 1.5
Version 1.5 Features
- Accurate AFR measure from below 10 to above 25 (petrol/gasoline stoic=14.7).
The inbuilt heater controller (constant voltage) and analogue PID
feedback loop provide much greater accuracy than units based on
(4 wire) sensors such as the LSM-11.
- Linear voltage output (Vlin) zero to 5 Volts for connection to external logger
or dumb visual display. Output voltage defines AFR from formula
AFR = 9 + (2 * Vlin). AFR is linearised and updated at least
- Works with battery voltages down to 11 Volts (especially convenient
for bike and kart usage) using an analogue ULDO
(Ultra Low Drop Out) regulator.
- Inbuilt data collection for wideband, RPM and two A/D channels
is provided via an RS232 output. Two spare 10 bit A/D converter channels
provide inputs that can be connected to engine sensors such as TPS or MAP.
An RPM input for connection to a coil or ECM provides a datum when logging.
Palm and PC based software allows saving information for later analysis.
- A simulated Narrowband output (with adjustable stoic point) provides
a sensor signal for the ECU when the original (narrowband) sensor has
been removed. This enables wideband measurements without adding an extra
bung in your exhaust system.
- Reverse polarity and inbuilt fuse protection are provided to ensure voltage
spikes (from faulty alternator) and inadvertently reversed battery power
do not damage the unit.
- Free-air re-calibration adjustment (to set the free-air Vout to 4.00 Volts
precisely) and adjustable stoic voltage setting (for 2.50 volts stoic Vout)
mean the highest accuracy can be obtained over time, and as the sensor ages.
- Positive power indication (greed LED), and Ip enabled
indication (red LED)
provide greater user feedback.
Information in this section has been moved to
the version 1.5 technical information section.
Last updated 29 May 2003
This document is © Copyright Tech Edge 2003